There are many motives that make you want to view someone’s story without them knowing that they are there. I am not here for you to judge, but instead to show you how to access Instagram Stories anonymously on Android, iOS, and the web. You can view Stories via private or public accounts. To view Stories on private accounts, it is necessary be following them in order for this feature to work.
So, here’s how to view Instagram stories with no privacy. Let’s start with Android.
There are many motives why you want to see someone’s story without them knowing that they are there. I’m not here for you to judge, but instead to demonstrate how you can browse Instagram Stories anonymously on Android, iOS, and the web. You can access Stories via private and public accounts. To access Stories on private accounts, you need be following them for the feature to work.
How to View Instagram Stories Anonymously
So, here’s how to watch Instagram stories with no privacy. Let’s start with Android.
While there are many applications available to view and download Instagram stories however, my favorite is Silent Stories because it has clear and uncluttered interface with no ads. You can however only see fifteen Instagram stories per day with the trial version. Later, you have to wait 24 hours for the credits to refresh.
1. Install and download Silent Stories (Instagram story viewer app) from the Google Play Store
2. Open the app, and sign in using your Instagram account. This account allows you to access Stories from private accounts as these apps do not have direct access to those accounts. However, you’ll be able to view their stories anonymously.
Login using Instagram to access the Silent Story app
3. After you have logged in, you’ll be able to view all the posts of users you’ve followed. You can access and save them without them knowing about it.
Silent Stories app Android
4. You can hop on to the search function and look up any user you want to see their story.
Search Option Silent Stories app android
5. It is also possible to add them to your favorites list. This way, you’ll be in a position to quickly click onto the «Favorites» tab to view all posts from people you’ve marked as favorites.
silent stories Instagram app favorite tab
You can additionally download Instagram stories if you’d like. Like I mentioned, the free version is limited to the possibility to see/download 15 stories per day. You can also sign up for premium membership for unlimited access for $2.99/month (or $18 annually).
How to View Instagram Stories Anonymously on iPhone
In contrast to Android, most apps for iOS are paid apps or have many features locked within the premium membership. While you can pay for an upgrade to a premium membership, some apps such as Blindstory include more features no cost. Blindstory also allows you to access stories from private accounts for free.
1. Download and install Blindstory (Instagram story viewer application) through the Apple Store. Once downloaded, open the application.
2. Tap the Login using Instagram option at the bottom , and sign in using the Instagram credentials.
Blindstory Login via Instagram
3. Once done, here are the stories about the accounts you’re following, which includes the private accounts. Open them and view the story.
4. You can also search for an account to do so by using the search feature.
5. If you’re logged in to an account, you can save them and find them in the favorite tab to make them easy to access.
Favorite on Blindstory app
The free version offers the possibility to see only four stories each day. To see more, you need to subscribe to a monthly subscription for $2.99 but it won’t let you download Instagram stories, as opposed to Android apps.
How to View Instagram Stories Anonymously on the Desktop Web
Instagram may be the application that is primarily used on mobile, but that does not mean we do not have the option of viewing Insta Stories anonymously on desktop.
1. Start Chrome as well as any Chromium-based browser Install this extension Anonymous views for Instagram Stories extension by opening this link and then clicking on the Add to Chrome button.
Anonymous View for Instagram Stories
2. Click on Add-extension and confirm the installation.
The extension can be added to Google Chrome
3. After that, click the extension icon at the top right corner. Then , select that option. Anonymous View for Instagram Story extension.
Openiong Anonymous Instagram Chrome Extension
4. It will open the extension within the new tab. You will see the complete list of stories of followers whom you follow. If you are unable to find stories listed here, you need that you visit instagram.com and log in with you Instagram account.
Anonymous Chrome Extension
5. You can not only view your IG stories of those you follow, but you can also access the search option to find users and then view their stories.
6. The extension also allows you to download stories while you’re watching.
Download Button on Instgaram Status
View Stories in Privacy
Apart from these apps, many other apps are available on every platform. However, there are the most popular apps that run no ads and offer more when you download its free edition. In addition, all three apps have the best UX and UI. You can, however, benefit from other apps as you are only able to view some stories in the free version. You can instead use multiple apps to browse IG stories from more accounts rather than using just one app.
How to watch Instagram Stories Anonymously for free without using any app
Here’s another simple yet simple method to stream Insta stories in privacy. The trick is opening the Instagram app, either on your Android phone or iPhone. The app will load some of the most recent Instagram stories to your phone.
Now, turn on The Flight Mode (Airplane mode)!
You can view the Stories anonymously. Make sure to end the app after you’re done. Make sure you turn off in flight mode (airplane mode).
There are people who have another account with an anonymous username to spy on Insta stories. However, that’s too difficult for most.